These were better than expected. Hubs really liked them. And they are quite filling. A burst of breakfast flavor. mmm. I brought one for lunch today. lol. Im excited about it.
- 6 pre hard boiled eggs ( cooled, peeled, and dry)
- 1 lb lean ground breakfast sausage
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce ( can be omitted)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Monterrey Jack and a little Mexican blend)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (I used Johnny Seasoning Salt instead)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
*if you dont care about carbs, you can throw in 1/4 - 1/2 cup panko or regular bread crumbs (like progresso or similar)
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 365.
- Put sausage in a bowl add: Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix it all together.
- Then in a separate bowl beat an egg.
- In another bowl mix: Parmesan cheese (and bread crumbs if you're using them), salt and pepper.
- Now separate your meat mixture into 6 patties.
- Place your cooled, peeled, and dry hard boiled egg on a meat mixture patty, and roll in hands around your egg until covered and ball shaped. (this was a little difficult but it eventually comes together)
- Dip and roll in egg wash mixture, Then roll in Parmesan mixture till covered.
- Repeat with other eggs.
- Deep fry a couple at a time for 5 minutes.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce, hot sauce or Mustard.
You can also pan fry in oil turning ever 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown.
Serving size: 1 egg Approx.