My husband LOVES taco soup. This is always a winner in our house. I usually use the stove option because when he asks for it its never in the morning to allow crockpot time.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground hamburger
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, 1/2 drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) Rotel, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix (the dry stuff)
- Optional toppings for serving: Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips, Sour Cream, Grated Cheese, Chopped Green Onions, Pickled Jalapeno (my husband really enjoyed Monterrey Jack cheese on top of his)
Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Put the ingredients in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Stove Option: Medium High in a pot for 30-45 min, Stir occasionally.