Given the creamy italian salad dressing in this recipe, I was unsure if it would be good. Much to my surprise, it worked! This recipe from The Goose Berry Patch turns out was a perfect compliment to the Olive Garden 'Copy Cat' Chicken Scampi dish I made last night.
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ to 1 c. creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese (I used cheddar & parmesan)
- 2 t. dried parsley
- Blend butter, garlic and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, cut-side up. Spread butter mixture over both halves.
- Top with shredded cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice each half into 8 pieces; serve warm.