Total Cost: $1.75
Cost Per Serving: $0.22
Serves: 8 (1/4 cup ea.)
- ¾ cup natural style peanut butter $0.82
- ¼ cup coconut milk (optional) $0.16
- ½ lime juice $0.17
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, grated (optional) $0.24 (or 1/8 tsp dried ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced $0.06 (or 1/2 tsp minced)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (rooster hot sauce) $0.05
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.03
- ½ tsp sesame oil (optional) $0.02
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar $0.03
- ¼ bunch cilantro $0.17
- ¼ – ½ cup water $0.00
- Make sure your natural style peanut butter is thoroughly mixed before measuring (you don’t want to get all oil or all solids). In a blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients except the sriracha sauce. Begin with only ¼ cup of water and add more until you get the consistency you want (I used ½ cup total). Add the sriracha sauce a little at a time (blending between) until it is to your desired heat (I used about ½ tsp).
- Enjoy the peanut sauce on salads, pasta or as a dipping sauce!